Applying for Social Security Disability – SSDI
- Have worked in jobs covered by Social Security.
- Have a medical condition that meets Social Security’s strict definition of disability.
Aging and Disability Resource Center – ADRC
- Key point of access to Long Term Services and Support, information, referral and assistance
- Temporary assistance with house help
- Support navigating the the multiple systems and processes
- Serves Bosque, Falls, Freestone, Hill, Limestone, and McLennan Counties
- Assessments can be done over the phone
Heart of Texas Independent Living Center – HOCTIL
- Information: Provide resources up to date on housing, transportation, employment, for persons with disabilities.
- Peer Support: Connecting people with individuals that understand barriers and options
- Training: Focused on employment
- Demonstration on how to operate technology or apply for additional funding to get it. (ex. adaptive communication devices, hospital bed, etc.)
- Services provided for people with disabilities that are trying to live independently.
- 1105 Wooded Acres Dr. #660 Waco, TX 76710
- Office: (254) 754-7050
San Antonio Independent Living – SAILS
- Benefits assistance
- Recreational and social events
- Relocation Services: Provide transition assistance from nursing facilities to the community
- Complex Rehabilitation Tech Services (home and vehicle modifications, prosthetics, etc.)
- Must have a significant disability per state definitions
- Waco Site – 254.224.6752
The ARC of Texas
- For children
- After School care: Weekdays from 3:00 – 5:00pm
- Summer Camp
- Teen and young Adult Group: Second Saturday of the month
- For adults:
- The Opportunity Center: A day program for adults on the autism spectrum
- Money Management
- Social Events
- Counseling: To address grief and relational issues
- Support and Education: Third Tuesday of the Month 6:00pm
- Sewing classes: Second Tuesday of the month 10:00 am
- Best Buddies – Connect with a Baylor Student
- For parents:
- Support with school mediation, information and referrals
- Fill application
- Registration ($25 once) + membership ($20 a year) other services might have a cost.
- Physicians approval to become a member
Friends for Life
- Adult Day Care: safe and happy place for seniors and persons with disabilities to come each day to enjoy nutritious meals, snacks, and lots of fun activities
- Money management: serve as a representative payee and fiduciary for persons with disabilities
- Independent Living: Assistance with minor house repairs, transportation for medical appointments, delivery or groceries, etc.
- Guardianship one on one basis – call to find out requirements
- 5000 Lakewood Dr, Waco, TX 76710
- (254) 772-7600
McLennan County: Demand Response Van Service
- Door-to-door transportation anywhere within the coverage area. Transportation service is provided by ADA accessible high-floor vans.
- The operator will assist passengers with boarding and exiting the van.
- Clients may request additional assistance when scheduling appointments.
- Weekdays- 5:15am-7:15pm / Saturdays- 6:15am-8:15pm
- Bilingual services available
- 300 Austin Ave., Waco, TX 76702
- (254) 750-1620 or 1-877-875-7433