- Temporary Job Services
- Limited Transportation – depends on the distance
- Temporary hires, day labor
- MUST have a phone.
- MUST be able to download the app called “Job Stack Worker” to register and begin work.
- Most jobs require steel-toe boots
- 1411 N. Valley Mills Dr. suite b, Waco, TX 76710, hours: 6am – 5pm
- Phone: (254)-751-0400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caritas of Waco
- Case Management (assist in continuing education, GED services, and employment search)
- Fill in the Case Management application form and they will set you an appointment to work on your goals.
- You will have to attend 4 financial classes on Wednesdays for 1 hour
- 300 S. 15th St. Waco, TX 76701
- Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 10:45 and 1:00 pm – 2:45 pm to fill out an application
- Phone: (254)-753-4593
- Assistance for employment search
- Website for Job Link listings: joblinktx.com and check their Facebook for updates.
- Se habla Espanol
- Apply onsite or online
- If applying onsite, be sure to bring two forms of identification
- Location: 717 Jewell Dr. Waco, Texas 76712
- Phone: (254)-399-9675
Mission Waco – MPowerment
- Job readiness and job search skills development, computer skills, budgeting, resume building and interviewing skills development, transitional work experience, goal setting
- Orientations Mondays at 9:00 am
- Classes Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 am – 12:30 pm
- Location: 1226 Washington Ave, Waco, TX 76701
- Phone: 254-296-9866, ext. 300
- Case Management (meetings to assist in education such as CDO School and employment opportunities as a Dental Assistant and Phlebotomist) EOAC will select applicants that are committed to the programs.
- CDO School – 4 weeks everyday classes or 9 weeks on weekend classes
- Dental Assistant 12-week program – first 6 weeks online, 6 weeks of laboratories
- Phlebotomist – 8-week program (morning, midday or night classes)
- Can provide economic assistance to Ed to Go programs if approved by Case Management
- Se habla Español
- Must enroll in case management program to receive assistance.
- Can print and fill the application from a PDF on the website and send it by email or fax or take it in person
- Please make a note in the application that you are looking for case management for school or employment
- Documents to take to the appointment: Birth certificates, ID for anyone in the household 18 and older, income (if they are 18 but haven’t received income, fill in the page 8 form and indicate the reason: student/looking for job, etc.) Utility bill (electric, water or gas)
- 500 Franklin Ave, Waco, TX 76701
- Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Phone: (254)-753-0331
Christian Men’s Job Corps
- Job readiness program that offers computer skills, resume writing, dressing for success, interviewing skills, goal-setting assistance, money management, and job coaching from professionals.
- Classes are Monday and Thursdays 6pm – 9 pm. During this time a meal, Bible Study, classes and one on one mentorship are provided.
- Must be male and 18 years of age or older.
- No application but will need to demonstrate commitment to the program and fill out a brief info card.
- Call, text or email to set up an interview
Christian Women’s Job Corps
- Services are free of charge
- Bible study, computer skills, job readiness, resume and application writing assistance, interviewing skills, money management, healthy relationships, day and night classes for GED test preparation.
- Testing Center for GED and Pearson Exams
- Se habla Español
- Available to any women over age 18
- Background check required
- Location: 500 Webster Ave., Waco, TX office located within FBC Waco
- Mailing Address: PO box 20432, Waco, TX 76702
- Phone: 254-757-0416
- Website: https://cwjcwaco.org/, application online. Email: email@example.com
Waco Job Connection Center- HOT Goodwill Industries
- Virtual employment and training resources
- Job Connection: Employment services and training in computer skills – Request an appointment online
- Accelerate Program: you would meet with a Success Coach to develop an Individualized Career and Financial Plan to o be successful during your job search as well as work with you to build financial self-sufficiency
- Rise Program: GED preparation, obtain a high school diploma and certificate in a specific career field. There is a cost but based on income there are scholarships available.
- Resume writing and interviewing skills training, job search assistance, goal setting, employer expectations, career exploration, job retention skills, budgeting, and personal finance education classes through MCC Continuing Education – 254 299 8888 $10 to register.
- Must be 16 years or older
- Anyone seeking employment, to advance their career, improve their computer skills, continue their education, connect with community resources, and/or advance their skills.
- You can submit an appointment request online: https://hotgoodwill.org/services/job-connections/
- Location: 1700 S. New Road, Waco, TX
- Phone: (254)-753-7337
- Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workforce Solutions – The Heart of Texas
- Employment and Training Services for Unemployment Insurance Recipients, senior Texans (55 and older), Individuals under National & Community Services Act, Dislocated Workers due to Imports (TAA), TANF Applicants & Recipients, SNAP Recipients
- Provides information on how to pursue Unemployment Insurance Claims
- Access to Child Care information, local childcare services, employer credits, and childcare provider assistance
- Claims for Unpaid Wages (under the Texas Payday Law), Supplies a Wage Claim form (LL-1) to individuals who believe they have not been paid all wages earned. Documents can be found and filed on the website.
- Access to Post-Secondary Career and Technology Training information, including community colleges, technical schools, and trade schools
- Provides referrals to Apprenticeship Programs, info on job training for occupations in the skilled trades and crafts.
- Access to Adult Education, info on adult education opportunities.
- Training for Adults, Dislocated Workers, and Youth: Coordinates training for eligible individuals, including activities such as occupational skills training, on-the-job training, work experience, GED preparation, and support for childcare and transportation.
- Provides a variety of employment and training services to eligible adults and youths (WIOA Program)
- Monthly job fairs. Look up their dates on social media: https://www.facebook.com/HOTWorkforce
- Se habla Español
- Bring your CV
- Dependent on service. Please contact the office for more information.
- Location: 1416 S. New Road, Waco, TX, 76711
- Office: (254) 754-5421; 1-866-982-9226; Career Specialist number: 254-296-5260
- Website: https://www.hotworkforce.com/
Jack of All Trades
- Provides job placement services.
- No processing fee to employee.
- Se habla Español
- Must fill out application and conduct an interview, on-site at Jack of All Trades
- Must bring two forms of ID and a resume (if you have one, not required).
- 254-754-7997 phone line is available 24/7
- 2701 Franklin Ave. Waco, Texas 76710
Communities In Schools
- Job search assistance, resume writing, building interviewing skills, tutoring/mentorship, subsidized work experience opportunities, and college and scholarship information
- Summer job placements
- Must be between 16 – 24 years of age
- Fill out an application
- Location: 1001 Washington Ave., Waco, TX
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm (call ahead prior to visit)
- Phone: (254)-753-6002, ex. 2022, Jillian Jones
Here are some laws you may want to know:
Employment Social Policy
If you find any of this information is incorrect, please email LoveOthers@tricitiesminstries.org
Updated and Verified 02/06/23