Lone Star Legal Aid
- Mission is to protect and advance the civil legal rights of the millions of Texans living in poverty in its 76 county service area by providing free advocacy, legal representation, and community education that ensures equal access to justice.
- Services range from family law to housing.
- (254) 756-7944
- 900 Austin Ave, 7th Floor, Waco, TX 76701
- Intake Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.|1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday
Lone Star Legal aid is currently operating online or by telephone during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mission Waco Legal Services
- Mission Waco Legal Assistance Program (MWLAP) exists to provide affordable, compassionate, holistic, and community-driven legal services to low-income, moderate-income, and marginalized individuals, families, and communities in order to
- Third Thursday Legal Clinic –a free legal advice clinic for low-income individuals, typically on the third Thursday evening of each month starting at 5:30. Applicants meet with volunteer attorneys for 30-minute consultations to get general advice about their legal issues. Appointments are strongly encouraged.
Greater Waco Legal Services
- Greater Waco Legal Services provides affordable legal services, holistic advocacy, and community-driven problem solving so that all members of our community have equal access to justice.
- In person meetings are currently by appointment only. To quickly get an appointment, complete the online application and call the office.
Family Abuse Center
- Family Abuse Center provides free legal services for all victims of domestic violence. Our legal advocates are available to residential, non-residential, and rural clients who reside within the seven counties we serve.
- La Puerta helps connect the immigrant community with trustworthy legal services. If you want to know more about these low-resource non-profit offices, please contact them.
- ESL classes (morning/afternoon), Citizenship classes, art classes, bible studies, citizenship.
- Has connections with outside clinics
- Offers legal aid: works with Greater Waco Legal Services and American Gateways
- Offers mental health counseling free of cost (there is current waitlist).
- Office: (254) 754-3503
- Cell: 254-301-4062
- 500 Clay Ave, 2nd Floor, Waco, TX 76706
- Open Monday and Wednesday 9AM – 5PM
- Specializes in helping victims of crime
- Immigration legal services (green card renewals (on sliding scale), family based, crime victims visas, removal defense, asylum, etc);
- “Know Your Rights” presentations.
- Call Luz Rueda at (254) 230-0382 xt. 264
- 2323 Columbus Ave Suite C, Waco, TX 76701
Baylor Law Immigration Clinic
- Free Legal Advice Clinics – Currently only with DACA Renewal Applications
- (254) 710-1911
- 1114 S University Parks Dr., Waco, TX 76706
Here are some laws you may want to know:
Legal Social Policy
If you find any of this information is incorrect, please email LoveOthers@tricitiesministires.com
Updated and Verified on 02/10/23.