Mental Health Services
HOTLINES FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE
The National Suicide Prevention Hotline:
- DIAL 988 OR 1-800-273-8255
- Para hablar en Español: 1-888-628-9454
SAMHSA’s National Helpline:
- DIAL 1-800-662-4357, OR 1-800-487-4889
- Free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, confidential, information service, in English and Spanish (se habla Español), for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
Heart of Texas BHN Crisis Hotline: 1-866-752-3451
Crisis Text Line
- Text “HELLO” to 741741 Available 24/7. Serves anyone, in any type of crisis.
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network (formerly MHMR)
- Adult Mental Health Services
- Case Management – Planning, Coordination, and Monitoring of services are provided at least monthly for all admitted clients
- Mental Health Rehabilitation and Counseling Services. Provided by educated and licensed professionals. Can help with special issues, provide Cognitive Behavior Therapy for depression, Cognitive Processing Therapy for trauma-related issues, and clinical supervision.
- Mental Health Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team
- A mobile unit that supports individuals with severe and persistent mental illnesses. Provides intensive treatment, rehab and support services at consumers’ homes and other community settings.
- Services provided 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Continuity Care Program
- Offers support for individuals in psychiatric hospitals to develop a plan for discharge and to assist with obtaining necessary services when they return to the community.
- For this service, please call (254) 752-3451 directly.
- Child/Adolescent Mental Health Services at the Klara’s Center for children 3-17
- Call (254) 752-7889
- Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) for children under 3 years old
- Call (254) 297-7089
- Intellectual Disability Assistance with Behavior Health Network
- Call (254) 757-3933
DePaul Behavioral Health and Crisis Treatment Center
- The Crisis Treatment Center Programs are:
- Extended Observation Program, Crisis Residential Program, Intensive Outpatient Program
- To decide if you are able to pay for service, Center staff will ask you for the following information:
Proof of your household income, proof of any extraordinary expenses (major medical expenses, childcare expenses, major property loss or damage), Number of people in your household
- If You Have Medicare or Medicaid Benefits
- Medicaid-covered services billed directly to Medicaid. You will not receive a bill for any services paid by Medicaid. If you have Medicare you are responsible for co-insurance and/or deductibles, up to your maximum monthly fee. If your services are not covered by Medicaid or Medicare, then you may be charged up to your maximum monthly fee.
- The Center will not turn you away from services just because you cannot pay for them. The amount that the center charges for services is based on your ability to pay.
- Phone Numbers
- For initial screening, please call toll-free at 1-866-752-3451.
- If you call after hours, please press Option 4 during your call when applying for services.
- HOT MHMR Crisis Treatment Center Office: (254) 867-6550
- Address 301 Londonderry Street, Waco, TX 76712
- Website: https://www.hotrmhmr.org/services/adult-mental-health
Mission Waco Health Clinic
- Psychotherapy: once a month, appt. required, must be recommended by a doctor’s office
- Address: 1226 Washington Ave, Waco, TX 76701
- Phone: (254)-296-9866, ext. 206
Waco Family Medicine
- Behavioral Services/ Individual therapy – depression, anxiety, ADHD, school behavior, trauma, life adjustment, grief, stress,
- Se habla Espanol
- Phone: 254-313-4500
- Address: Main Office – 1600 Providence Dr., Waco, TX 76707 (there are 16 different locations)
LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS FOR MENTAL HEALTH
NAMI Journey of Hope
- Online Support groups on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 will have to register weekly.
- Call NAMI Texas (512) 693-2000 or register online at namitexas.org
Connection support group is for people who are dealing with mental health while Family support group is for family members who are dealing with individuals with mental health issues.
Grief Support Groups & Counseling – Providence Community Healthcare of Texas
- Six-week series dedicated to dealing with loss. There are several grief counselors who lead this program. Most group sessions are held virtually.
- They offer therapeutic exercise group sessions as well.
- Located at 6700 Sanger Ave. Waco, Texas 76710.
- If interested, please call 254-399-9099 or visit their website at chot.org, and look under “Calendar of Events” for more information.
Church Based Grief Share Support Groups
- Highland Baptist Church 3014 maple Ave. Waco, TX. meet on Thursdays at 6:30 pm
- First Methodist Waco 4901 Cobbs Drive Waco, TX. meet on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm
- Peace Lutheran Church 9301 Panther Way Waco, TX. meet on Tuesdays at 6:30 pm
- Parkview Baptist Church 1100 E. lake Shore Dr. Waco, TX. meet on Wednesdays at 6:45 pm
- Waco Regional Office
- Register online for in person or online support groups www.alz.org/events
- 710 North 64th Street Waco, TX 76710
- The Gathering Fellowship Caregiver Support Group
- First Methodist Church of Waco
- 1300 Austin Ave. Waco, TX. 76701
- 1st Tuesday of the month 10:45 am-11:45 am
- Painting with a Twist Caregiver Support Group
- 1621 N. Valley Mills Dr. Waco, TX. 76710
- 3rd Wednesday of the month 10:30am-11:30am
Here are some laws you may want to know:
Mental Health Social Policy
If you find any of this information is incorrect, please email LoveOthers@tricitiesministries.org
Updated and Verified on 02/10/2023