MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS HOTLINES FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE
The National Suicide Prevention Hotline:
- DIAL 988 OR 1-800-273-8255
- Para hablar en Español: 1-888-628-9454
SAMHSA’s National Helpline:
- DIAL 1-800-662-4357, OR 1-800-487-4889
- Free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, confidential, information service, in English and Spanish (se habla Español), for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
Heart of Texas MHMR Crisis Hotline: 1-866-752-3451
Crisis Text Line
- Text “HELLO” to 741741 Available 24/7. Serves anyone, in any type of crisis.
Heart of Texas MHMR
- Adult Mental Health Services
- Case Management – Planning, Coordination, and Monitoring of services are provided at least monthly for all admitted clients
- Access to Mental Health Rehabilitation and Counseling Services provided by Bachelor’s and Master’s level clinicians, licensed professionals (counselors, social Workers and psychologists)
- Can help with special issues, provide Cognitive Behavior Therapy for depression, Cognitive Processing Therapy for trauma-related issues, and clinical supervision.
- Mental Health Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team
- A mobile unit that supports individuals with the most severe and persistent mental illnesses. Provides intensive treatment, rehabilitation and support services at consumers’ homes and other community settings. Services provided 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Continuity Care Program
- Offers support for individuals in psychiatric hospitals to develop a plan for discharge and to assist with obtaining necessary services when they return to the community.
- For this service, please call (254) 297-7705 directly.
- Child/Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Call (254) 752-7889
- Early Childhood Intervention
- Call (254) 297-7089 or (254) 297-7088
- Intellectual Disability Assistance
- Call (254) 757-3933
- Main Office: 110 S 12th St, Waco, TX 76701
- Phone: (254) 752-3451
The HOT MHMR/DePaul Crisis Treatment Center
- The Crisis Treatment Center Programs are:
- Extended Observation Program, Crisis Residential Program, Intensive Outpatient Program
- To decide if you are able to pay for service, Center staff will ask you for the following information:
Proof of your household income, proof of any extraordinary expenses (major medical expenses, childcare expenses, major property loss or damage), Number of people in your household
- If You Have Medicare or Medicaid Benefits
- Medicaid-covered services billed directly to Medicaid. You will not receive a bill for any services paid by Medicaid. If you have Medicare you are responsible for co-insurance and/or deductibles, up to your maximum monthly fee. If your services are not covered by Medicaid or Medicare, then you may be charged up to your maximum monthly fee.
- The Center will not turn you away from services just because you cannot pay for them. The amount that the center charges for services is based on your ability to pay.
- Phone Numbers
- For initial screening, please call toll-free at 1-866-752-3451.
- If you call after hours, please press Option 4 during your call when applying for services.
- HOT MHMR Crisis Treatment Center Office: (254) 867-6550
- Address 301 Londonderry Street, Woodway, TX 76712
Mission Waco Health Clinic
- Psychotherapy: once a month, appt. required, must be recommended by Meyer Center
- Address: 1226 Washington Ave, Waco, TX 76701
- Phone: (254)-296-9866, ext. 206
Waco Family Health Center
- Behavioral Services: depression, anxiety, ADHD, school behavior, trauma, life adjustment, grief, stress,
- Se habla Espanol
- Phone: 254-313-4200
- Address: Main Office – 1600 Providence Dr., Waco, TX 76707 (there are 16 different locations)
Local Support Groups
- Meets Thursdays from 7 pm to 8 pm, at Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit,
- 1624 Wooded Acres.
- Call 254-772-2415 for more information
- Meets Mondays from 10:30 – 11:30pm. Independence Center
- Call 254-756-0258 for more information
- Meets Tuesdays from 11 am – noon, Independence Center
- Call 254-756-0258 for more information
NAMI Journey of Hope
- Meets 4th Tuesdays from 8 pm-9 pm, after NAMI Waco meeting.
- Call 254-776-9227 for more information.
- Hosted by Providence Hospice, Healing Grief is a six-week series dedicated to dealing with loss. Meets Thursdays, 5:30 – 7:00 pm.
- Call Providence Hospice at 254-751-4875 for more information.
Alzheimer’s Support Group
- Meets on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month at St. Catherine’s.
- Contact Phyllis Hubbard at 772-9305 for more information
Caregivers Support Group
- Meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 2:30 pm in the Community Room of St. Catherine’s Center.
If you find any of this information is incorrect, please email LoveOthers@tricitiesministries.org
Updated and Verified on 10/30/2020