- Community Services: assists with utilities, rent, water, education, and employment services
- Rent and Utility Assistance: security and utility deposits, rental assistance with eviction notices and first month’s rent
- Usually gas and electricity bills
- Inquire about rent and water, and financial education options
- Fill out utilities assistance application either online or in-person.
- 500 Franklin Ave, Waco, TX 76701
- Hours: Office open Monday through Thursday from 8am – 4pm, drop boxes at office are always available
- (254) 753-0331 for main office, dial ext. # 1801 for Admin Manager. (254) 756-0954 and ask for a Case Manager in Community Services
Columbus Avenue Baptist Church
- Assists with utilities on the second Monday of each month. Will not provide assistance if your service has already been cut off or if you have already received a cut off notice.
- Contact Columbus Avenue Baptist Church ONLY on the second Monday of the month
- Appointment Only: call between the hours of 8:00am-10:00am
- ***Only help with bills from:
- Atmos Energy
- Waco Water
- 1300 Columbus Ave, Waco, TX 76701
- Utility Assistance: (254) 537-9096
- Main Office: (254) 752-1655
- Emergency Assistance for utilities
- Se habla espanol
- To receive services from Caritas, please bring a picture identification card, proof of current address, any information on every household member (if the household member is over 18, you need to bring a picture identification card as well) to 300 South 15th Street.
- You will be given a number to see an interviewer who will then explain our services.
- In the interview you will be registered with the system and given a Caritas ID card.
- Assists with utility bills and rent when funding available.
- Hours: 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday
- Veterans can qualify for other services as well
- 300 South 15th Street. Waco, TX 76701
- (254) 753-4593
- Emergency housing: men, women, and families where possible
- Permanent housing: low income housing for elderly and disabled
- Assistance with utilities and rent: for TXU customers only
- Call and ask for Ms. Lindsey to do an assessment to see if eligible.
- TXU customers ONLY
- 4721 W. Waco Drive, Waco, TX 76710
- (254) 752-7261
If you find any of this information is incorrect, please email LoveOthers@tricitiesministries.org
Updated and Verified 9/30/21