- La Puerta helps connect the immigrant community with trustworthy legal services. If you want to know more about these low-resource non-profit offices, please contact them.
- ESL classes (morning/afternoon), Citizenship classes, art classes, bible studies, citizenship.
- Has connections with outside clinics
- Offers legal aid: works with Greater Waco Legal Services and American Gateways
- Offers mental health counseling free of cost (there is current waitlist).
- Office: (254) 754-3503
- Cell: 254-301-4062 (they carry their cell all the time, more likely to answer)
- 500 Clay Ave, 2nd Floor, Waco, TX 76706 ‘
- Open Monday and Wednesday 9AM – 5PM
Waco Immigrants Alliance
W.I.A is a grassroots community organization that works to make Waco a safe, welcoming, and equitable place for every immigrant.
- Educate the community on immigration issues and their effects on our city and its people.
- Provide “Know Your Rights” info sessions, panels, legal referrals, and other resources to the community.
- Encourage and empower churches to know how to speak about the topic in a truthful and loving way.
- Equip community leaders and other service providers with tools to serve their people through basic legal information and referrals to relevant services.
- Work to end the isolation of immigrant detention through visitation programs.
- Advocate alongside immigrants and allies through action such as letter writing, vigils, marches, and legislative visits.
- Support and promote comprehensive reform that ends the privatization of immigrant detention and creates a path to citizenship.
- Assist eligible families with fundraising campaigns for detention & deportation defense.
- Manage the Waco Community Defense Hotline for immigrants in crisis
For an extensive list of resources and events, please visit their website.
- Inquiries: 254-733-0883
- Hotline: 254-300-9423
- Email: email@example.com
- 712 Austin Ave. Waco, TX 76701
- Specializes in helping victims of crime
- Immigration legal services (green card renewals (on sliding scale), family based, crime victims visas, removal defense, asylum, etc);
- “Know Your Rights” presentations.
- Call Luz Rueda at (254) 230-0382 ext. 264
- 2323 Columbus Ave Suite C, Waco, TX 76701
Baylor Law Immigration Clinic
- Free Legal Advice Clinics – Currently only with DACA Renewal Applications
- (254) 710-1911
- 1114 S University Parks Dr., Waco, TX 76706
If you find any of this information is incorrect, please email LoveOthers@tricitiesministires.com
Updated and Verified on 9/30/21