Mental Health Services
Mental Health Crisis Hotlines for Immediate Assistance
The National Suicide Prevention Hotline:
- DIAL 988 OR 1-800-273-8255
- Para hablar en Español: 1-888-628-9454
SAMHSA’s National Helpline:
- DIAL 1-800-662-4357, OR 1-800-487-4889
- Free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, confidential, information service, in English and Spanish (se habla Español), for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
Heart of Texas MHMR Crisis Hotline: 1-866-752-3451
Crisis Text Line
- Text “HELLO” to 741741 Available 24/7. Serves anyone, in any type of crisis.
Heart of Texas MHMR
- Adult Mental Health Services
- Case Management – Planning, Coordination, and Monitoring of services are provided at least monthly for all admitted clients
- Access to Mental Health Rehabilitation and Counseling Services provided by Bachelor’s and Master’s level clinicians, licensed professionals (counselors, social Workers and psychologists)
- Can help with special issues, provide Cognitive Behavior Therapy for depression, Cognitive Processing Therapy for trauma-related issues, and clinical supervision.
- Mental Health Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team
- A mobile unit that supports individuals with the most severe and persistent mental illnesses. Provides intensive treatment, rehabilitation and support services at consumers’ homes and other community settings. Services provided 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Continuity Care Program
- Offers support for individuals in psychiatric hospitals to develop a plan for discharge and to assist with obtaining necessary services when they return to the community.
- For this service, please call (254) 297-7705
- Child/Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Call (254) 752-7889
- Early Childhood Intervention
- Call (254) 297-7089
- Intellectual Disability Assistance
- Call (254) 757-3933
- Main Office: 110 S 12th St, Waco, TX 76701
- Phone: (254) 752-3451
The HOT MHMR/DePaul Crisis Treatment Center
- The Crisis Treatment Center Programs are:
- Extended Observation Program, Crisis Residential Program, Intensive Outpatient Program
- To decide if you are able to pay for service, Center staff will ask you for the following information:
Proof of your household income, proof of any extraordinary expenses (major medical expenses, childcare expenses, major property loss or damage), Number of people in your household
- If You Have Medicare or Medicaid Benefits
- Medicaid-covered services billed directly to Medicaid. You will not receive a bill for any services paid by Medicaid. If you have Medicare you are responsible for co-insurance and/or deductibles, up to your maximum monthly fee. If your services are not covered by Medicaid or Medicare, then you may be charged up to your maximum monthly fee.
- The Center will not turn you away from services just because you cannot pay for them. The amount that the center charges for services is based on your ability to pay.
- Phone Numbers
- For initial screening, please call toll-free at 1-866-752-3451.
- If you call after hours, please press Option 4 during your call when applying for services.
- HOT MHMR Crisis Treatment Center Office: (254) 867-6550
- Address 301 Londonderry Street, Waco, TX 76712
- Website: https://www.hotrmhmr.org/services/adult-mental-health
Mission Waco Health Clinic
- Psychotherapy: once a month, appt. required, must be recommended by Meyer Center
- Address: 1226 Washington Ave, Waco, TX 76701
- Phone: (254)-296-9866, ext. 206
Waco Family Health Center
- Behavioral Services/ Individual therapy – depression, anxiety, ADHD, school behavior, trauma, life adjustment, grief, stress,
- Se habla Espanol
- Phone: 254-313-4200
- Address: Main Office – 1600 Providence Dr., Waco, TX 76707 (there are 16 different locations)
Local Support Groups
- Meets Thursdays from 7 pm to 8 pm, at Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit,
- 1624 Wooded Acres.
- Call 254-772-2415 for more information
NAMI Journey of Hope
- No longer in operation
- Call NAMI Texas (512) 693-2000
- Hosted by Providence Hospice, Healing Grief is a six-week series dedicated to dealing with loss. There are several grief counselors who lead this program. If interested, please call Providence Hospice at 254-399-9099 or visit their website at chot.org, and look under “Calendar of Events” for more information.These meetings are currently being conducted on Zoom. Providence Hospice is located at 6700 Sanger Ave. Waco, Texas 76710.
Caregivers Support Group
- Office Phone 753-7722
- Gathering Group –1st Tuesday of the month at 10:45 – Meets at 1st Methodist 1300 Austin Ave , Waco Tx 76701
- Heart of Waco Group–2nd Monday of the month at 6pm–Meets at Boys Scouts 300 Lake Air Dr , Waco Tx
- Painting with a Twist–3rd Wed of the month at at 10:30–Meets at Painting with a Twist 1621 N Valley Mills , Waco Tx
If you find any of this information is incorrect, please email LoveOthers@tricitiesministires.com
Updated and Verified on 9/30/21